Nevada has a huge number of addicts. Most of the patients who have successfully completed substance abuse treatment NV and wish to lead a clean and sober life the most crucial year would be the first one after the treatment. The patients who have been to the treatment center will have noticed that many of the patients at the center have come for the repeated treatment. The main reason behind this is that addiction is yet being treated as acute illness instead of chronic disease.
Chronic diseases are basically the ones that need continuous monitoring, intermittent treatment sessions as well educational services regarding changing lifestyle so that encourages instead of interfering with the long term recovery procedure. Taking part in the ongoing care services is a good step in the proper direction towards changing the mindset regarding the addiction as well as recovery. Ongoing care is one of the essential parts of the substance abuse treatment NV. The post treatment services comprise of intensive outpatient, sober living house, weekly outpatient counseling or half way house.
Ongoing care basically refers to after care which is mostly open ended time period. It usually involves a formal after care in which the patient is actually building as well as refining the skills of living which requires for the recovery of the life ahead. Following are the reasons which entice to take care after substance abuse treatment NV:
- Patients who go for ongoing care once they have completed their treatment have more chances to be able to withstand the outside life easily as they get complete support and guidance to face outside world after coming out from the protected environment of treatment centers.
- After care guidelines help in keeping the patient on track by adhering to the guidelines and lifestyle as taught in the treatment center. This constant support prevent relapse.
- The continuous aftercare services offer monitoring as well as accountability of the patient for taking right recovery actions almost every day, every week and every month.
- After care counselors are well known to the twelve step program and other events and so can be a great step if not carried out effectively. It actually keeps the patient involved in the twelve step program.
- After care counselors offer suggestions as well as feedbacks for effectively fighting the obstacles that come in the way. These guidelines help in keeping the individuals motivated to stay away from addiction.
- When the patient has ongoing care it helps in emotional, behavioral as well as lifestyle changes which act in the favor of the recovery throughout the life. For reaping the advantages it is important that patient can get continued shaping as well as reinforcement to those changes.
- The patients that take part in the ongoing after care program have fewer chances to return back to the addiction.
- The program will involve relationship counseling which will help in understanding the family as well as individual importance which are very difficult to be understood at the early stage of recovery.
Thus aftercare is important part of substance abuse treatment NV.