After completing the alcohol rehab program, it is imperative to go for transitional living so that you can rebuild the lost link with the real world with sobriety, confidence and positive approach. Sober living house helps individuals to maintain their sobriety once there treatment program is completed.����
These centers provide a residential environment where addicts join the group of like-minded people who are also on the path of recovery. Choosing sobriety for the treatment of drug treatment has made people to come out of the addiction in a healthier and successful way. They comparatively enjoy a high success rate in the recovery process of drug addiction. It is the atmosphere and freedom offered by sober living houses, which helps a lot in attaining this success rate.
A modern sober room offers everything, which adds comfort and pleasure to a recovery person except alcohol and drugs. This is how sober houses change the mind of a drug addict from alcohol to modern conveniences of living. These houses are best staying options for you before you enter the real world to lead a normal life.
The reasons for high success rate sober houses lie in its halfway housing facilities. Some of the important factors resulting in the high success rate of these houses are as follows.
- Sober houses provide a real life environment to the addicts in contrast to a treatment center. By providing homely atmosphere, they help a person to cope up with stress and pressures with the others seeking support.
- Individuals living here are made to do constructive activities to occupy time and make them live substance free.
- These houses keep a resident agreement, which has to be signed by each new resident. This warns them from using alcohol or any kind of drug. They will also conduct frequent medical checkups to see whether the residents are going as per the agreement. If any one goes against the agreement, they will be terminated.
- The sober house holds a resident as the head of the house and another resident as the peer coordinator. These two heads help and keep the house in order to make sure all the necessary things needed for a new resident to recover.
- Most of the sober homes conduct weekly meetings. This helps in evaluating the progress of recovery.
- These houses conduct frequent alcohol tests and drug screening.
Sober living is a unique way to help individuals build their confidence and live a meaningful life while entering into the society again. During the sober treatment, addicts are taught life skills and behavioral patterns to cope up with cravings and avoid relapse. These qualities of sober home are the reasons behind their high success rates. Sober houses provide the modern convenience of living to its best. Each room of sober home is filled with audio and video devices and luxury beds to assure comfort living to the addicts. This is the best place to for a person to recover from severe addiction healthily.�