What Qualifications Are Required To Work At A Half Way House

One of the greatest aspects of sober living is that they provide jobs for people in recovery as well as licensed medical professionals. Many people who are going through the recovery process did so at the expense of their jobs. Of course, sometimes this is by order of the court which means that this sacrifice is highly preferable to the other options which could include jail time. For those who are looking to join a half way house for the purposes of aftercare treatment, the only requirement to work and live there is the desire to stop using. This is the same requirement for membership to common 12-step programs. Patients in recovery can choose sober living as a means to continue their treatment and work on the skills they learned. This will provide them the opportunity to get into a work schedule where they learn to work as a team, follow social rules, and be appreciated for the hard work they do. If you are a health professional, though, you may be wondering what qualifications are required to work in a halfway house, either because you have a desire to help this particular population or it is something that directly affects your life.

There is really no legal requirement for starting a half way home, unless they are a licensed treatment facility. If they are licensed, however, it means that they have been recognized as a medical facility and can operate under the same guidelines as many hospitals or medical offices. While a great deal of the home upkeep is often managed by residents who work to pay for their living expenses, there are still a few positions reserved for professionals who feel that this particular line of work is their true calling.

For example, one of the general requirements for residents in a half way house is to attend group sessions that are similar to what they would attend in treatment. That is why counselors are often employed by half way houses, either as residential therapists or as regular employees. Just as with a hospital or school, the qualifications required to work in a sober home or halfway house depends on the particular facility. However, most facilities demand the standard Bachelor’s Degree and at least one year of experience in a related field.

Half way houses may also employ medical nurses to help care in case of specific medical needs. This is particularly important if this sober living residence is specifically aimed at helping older people who may be dealing with medications or living with diabetes. In the case of nurses, you need to have a medical degree in nursing and the related amount of residency.

As you can see, there are many kinds of jobs available in sober living environments. Whether you simply need a place to live and work while finishing your treatment or are a medical professional looking to make a new start in a unique environment, you can find many opportunities with half way houses.

This entry was posted on Monday, April 25th, 2016 at 7:07 am and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.